January 26, 2016
A Podcast all about Pittsburgh
There are a lot of podcasts, or PAWDcasts as you might say in Pittsburghese, but none this focused on what’s happening in Pittsburgh. Co-hosts John Chamberlin and Craig Tumas talk with guests about food, entertainment, current events and, of course, Jagoffs! This weekly podcast is based on the Pittsburgh humor blog, YaJagoff.com.
LISTEN to the Podcast show right here below or on iTunes, Soundcloud and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
Episode 6 Show Notes:
Episode Music: Nameless in August, “The Way It Goes”
- 01:09 Opening, John and Craig take some phone calls from the Jagoff hotline
- 04:17 Tasha or Tori Segment. This episode, we have Tasha from TheFoodTasters.com who is talking about:
- Root 174 in Regent Square Valentine’s Day Special
- The Summit in Mount Washington – Anti-Valentine’s Day Theme
- Wigle Whiskey – Spicy Soiree on Friday, February 12th from 6-8pm – Lawrenceville’s
- Smoke BBQ Taqueria will be serving tacos and side dishes
- Wigle Ginger Whiskey Weekend on Saturday, February 13th from 12-5pm and Sunday, February 14th from 12-4pm – Downtown Pittsburgh’s Proper Brick Oven & Taproom will be there with their new mobile pizza trailer (“Proper Pronto”) on Saturday and Sunday
- Bill’s Bar and Burger Valentine’s Day Special
- CONTEST!!!! “Valentine’s Day Weekend / Dinner for Two” Giveaway – Listen how to enter. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, February 2nd on TheFoodTasters.com
- 15:13 Jen England, 412 Food Rescue. She had a big announcement thanks to the Pirate’s Andrew McCutchen. The statistics of wasted/rescued food are unreal.
- 24:53 Belvadere Schwartz (totally made-up name) a real USPS Postal Carrier who was actually bitten by John’s dog. After he gets his testimony out, he talks about postal holiday deliveries, the days after and holiday gift suggestions for USPS carriers.
- 35:30 We play a game, “Everything Sounds Better When Said By a Voiceover Artist”
- Greg Brown, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Frank Murgia, Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- 40:05 Closing notes and thanks to Tupelo Honey Teas for the in-studio refreshments, their “Yinzer” line of loose leaf teas: http://shop.tupelohoneyteas.com/pittsburgh-local-yinzer-teas/
- Don’t forget, we have a phone number, i.e. a heckling line. Call us 412-444-8JAG
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at www.YaJagoff.com
How to Listen Regularly:
– All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7 On-Demand in your hand on smartphone and tablet and on your laptop and desktop.
– Apple users can find it on the iTunes Podcast app or player.
– Android users can find it on the SoundCloud or TuneIn website or app.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network
• iTunes: http://ow.ly/TJ4xU
• SoundCloud: http://bit.ly/JagPods
• Tunein: http://ow.ly/VUCKV
L to R: Craig Tumas, Jen England of 412 Food Rescue, John Chamberlin
L to R: Craig Tumas, Postal Carrier “Belvadere Schwartz”, John Chamberlin
John Chamberlin (R) and Craig Tumas (L) as they record Episode 6 of The YaJagoff Podcast
Photo Credits: The FoodTasters The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
On-site Production: Frank Murgia, Jim Amato and Wayne Weil
How to Follow Everyone on Twitter:
Produced at talent network, inc. by the Pittsburgh Podcast Network.